Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Bleach, Nip. Tick: The White Beauty Myth




I started watching this on worldstarhiphop.com and it really started to make me think, if you think about the recent pictures of baseball great Sammy Sosa. The pictures of Michael Jackson and how their skin was altered to look more white.

While many will believe this comes from white people who make these people of color feel inferior please....try again, because celebrities aren't the only ones who want to be lighter..... Or even have their bodies altered to seem more "European white approved"....

Their are plenty of dark skin people who feel that with lighter skin they will become more accepted by society, they feel that more options will open up for them they feel that they would become more accepted.

In my eyes this is sad to see because I'm dark skin and would never want to alter my skin for no circumstance what so ever......Watch the video drop you thoughts on this situations....
There's so much more i can talk about but I rather have you guys watch the video and drop comments

DRemur
----Peace Love and Prosperity

0 comments: